I'd love to sit here and tell you we did it all perfectly, smooth sailing, nothing broke, and we can't wait to do it again, well that would be lie. We learned a TON about moving this trip and here are some of the must haves or to dos next time around:
- Every single tiny item in our home will be packed BEFORE we move anything.
- Tupperware bins are officially a new favorite. I'm sure Craigslist will come to the rescue when we move again. Pretty is not at all important (just clean), but putting items in a bin and sleeping a piece of tape on it saying which room it goes in will happen before we leave this home.
- Packing a bag for yourself and kiddos...a MUST. It took us at least 2 days to find out toothbrushes (hanging my head in shame while I admit this).
- Having everything prepped before your friends and family come
bail you out sacrifice their bodies and valuable timehelp! Remove the clothing from the furniture and tape up the drawers so they won't move.
- Have a case of cold water in the fridge at both the new and old house as well as a trash bag to collect the bottles.
- If you have kiddos, try to setup a long weekend with grandparents. Moving with a little one is harder than I ever realized. If we had a few days (and done everything else listed above), I'm sure we would have made much more progress on this house than we have to date!
All of that being said, we are so incredibly blessed to be here and we plan on enjoying every single moment :) Our newest favorite activity, family walks after work and in the morning on the weekends!